Annual archives: 2016

10/13/2016

Canam Group Award Winner at the National Steel Design Awards

Canam Group Award Winner at the National Steel Design Awards

Canam Group was the recipient of three of four awards at the 2016 CISC National Steel Design Awards Gala held on September 30th in Toronto. Category: Architectural Canam-Buildings received this award for its involvement in the Cogeco Amphitheater project in Trois-Rivières, Québec. This prestigious building with a floor area of 14,000 m2 (150,700 ft2) has received several awards since it was built. With its specially shaped beams forming a triangle at…

Read more

09/22/2016

Two Projects in which Canam Group Took Part Mentioned in Architizer.com

Two Projects in which Canam Group Took Part Mentioned in Architizer.com

One of Canam Group’s partners in the execution of some projects, Cast Connex from Toronto, has been featured on Architizer.com. In the article, two projects in which Canam Group took part are mentioned: the construction of the roof on the Arthur Ashe Stadium by Canam-Heavy, and the Whitney Museum of American Art project by Canam-Buildings. Let us not forget that Canam Group and Cast Connex are…

Read more

06/15/2016

CSCE Award for Excellence sponsored by Canam

CSCE Award for Excellence sponsored by Canam

Canam Group is pleased again this year to support the Canadian Society for Civil Engineering (CSCE) in presenting the 2016 Award for Excellence in Innovation in Civil Engineering. This award was created by the CSCE in 2009 to recognize outstanding innovations in all civil engineering disciplines. This year’s award was bestowed to Lock-Block Ltd. for their Arch-Lockinnovation, pre-cast voussoirs with zipper truck assembly process. “Canam Group is trully proud to sponsor this award since its…

Read more

06/13/2016

An unusual discovery on a construction site

An unusual discovery on a construction site

A Canam-Buildings’ project, currently underway in Boston, Massachusetts, had to temporarily halt the operations due to the discovery of a shipwreck apparently dating from the 19th century by the building team last May. A 50 ft (15.2 m) long wooden ship from probably the 1800s was sleeping 25 ft (7.6 m) into the ground! According to archaeologists’ hypothesis, the ship was either stuck in a mudflat at low tide or could have washed up there after…

Read more

06/8/2016

Canam Group Acquires Majority Interest in Stonebridge, Inc.

June 8, 2016 (Saint-Georges, QC) — Canam Group Inc. (TSX:CAM) announced that its United States subsidiary Central Erectors, LLC, has purchased a 51% interest in Stonebridge, Inc., a steel erector that is located in South Plainfield, New Jersey, and a leader in the steel erection market in New York. Central Erectors has committed to acquiring the remaining 49% interest over a five-year period beginning in 2017. Stonebridge’s current president, Jack Falcone Sr., will retain his current position and remain a shareholder of Stonebridge. The amount of the transaction was not disclosed. Stonebridge has been specializing since 1995 in erecting structural steel components for…

Read more